The North Bay Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is back.
After the pandemic forced the event to be canceled for the past two years, two ceremonies will take place this spring.
The 40th annual event takes place on Saturday, May 7 at the Davedi Club with the 41st event the following weekend, May 14.
Two dozen sports winners will also be honored at the two ceremonies.
North Bay Sports Hall of Fame inductees for 2019 include:
– Claude Peloquin
– Stephanie (Topolie) Loreto
– Damon Topolie
Sports award winners for 2019 include:
– Jack Burrows Memorial Award for Sports Achievement – Jaimee Bull/Rob Shaw
– Dedication to Soccer (North Bay Youth Soccer) – Dan Kapitanchuk
– James Kelly Memorial Award for Team of the Year – NB Major Midget AAA Trappers
– Dominico Family Award for Contribution to Softball/Baseball – NB Novice Girl’s Select
– George Martyn Memorial Trophy for Basketball – Rick Cowden
– Judge Harry J Reynolds Memorial Trophy for Hockey – Rick Mitchell
– Al Brennan Memorial Trophy for Coach of the Year – Jim Forsyth
– Jim Aspin Memorial Award for Executive of the Year – Mark Brown
– Mort Fellman Memorial Award for Female Athlete of the Year – Emma Shea
– Britt Jessup Memorial Award for Male Athlete of the Year – James Piper/Keon Wallingford
– Pete Palangio Award for Contribution to Sport – Richard Lachance
– Peter Handley Sports Friend – Moe Bedard
– Mike Mitchell-Larry Avery Memorial Award for Football – Mark Robertson
– John Toswell Memorial Award for Curling – Mike Callahan
– Special Olympics Achievement Award – Hudson Booth
North Bay Sports Hall of Fame inductees for 2020-21 include:
– Rose (James) Gelinas
Sports award winners for 20-2021:
– Jack Burrows Memorial Award for Athletic Achievement – Mike O’Shea
– James Kelly Memorial Award for Team of the Year 2020 – Widdifield Senior Girl’s Volleyball
– James Kelly Memorial Award for Team of the Year 2021 – Lakers Women’s Soccer
– Judge Harry J Reynolds Memorial Trophy for Hockey – Ben Gaudreau
– Al Brennan Memorial Trophy for Coach of the Year – Dave Bitonti
– Jim Aspin Memorial Award for Executive of the Year – Bill Jacko
– Pete Palangio Award for Contribution to Sport – Dave Saad
– Peter Handley Friend of Sport – Dick Tafel
– John Toswell Memorial Award for Curling – Peter Finch
– Special Olympics Awards of Excellence – Students of the Canadore School of Recreation and Sport
Tickets for both ceremonies are available from the following executive members: Dave Saad 705-472-7041, Larry Tougas 705-303-8104 or any member of the Hall of Fame Board of Directors, or by contacting the Davedi Club at 705-474-4190.